Apple Watch SE (2nd generation) – Technical Specifications
Year introduced: 2022
GPS + Cellular
- L1 GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS
- Always-on altimeter
- Water resistant
- Second-generation optical heart sensor
- International emergency calling3
- Emergency SOS1
- International roaming5
- High-g accelerometer
Up to 256 g-forces with Fall Detection and Crash Detection
- High dynamic range gyroscope
- Ambient light sensor
- Apple Pay
- Capacity 32GB
- Nylon composite and sapphire crystal back
368 by 448 pixels
977 sq mm display area
324 by 394 pixels
759 sq mm display area
- Retina LTPO OLED display
Up to 1000 nits brightness
- S8 SiP with 64-bit dual-core processor
Up to 20% faster than previous generation7
Apple wireless chip
- LTE and UMTS4
GPS + Cellular models
Learn more about available carriers
- Bluetooth 5.3
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Up to 18 hours6
- USB-C magnetic charging cable
- 100% recycled aluminum in the case
- 100% recycled tungsten in the Taptic Engine
- 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets
- Energy efficient9
- Responsible packaging10
- Arsenic-free display glass11
- Mercury-, BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium-free11
- Over 80% reduced carbon emissions with new back case production process
- Height: 40mm
- Width: 34mm
- Depth: 10.7mm
- Height: 44mm
- Width: 38mm
- Depth: 10.7mm
- GPS: 26.4g
- GPS + Cellular: 27.8g
- GPS: 32.9g
- GPS + Cellular: 33g
In the Box
- Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch Magnetic Charger to USB-C Cable (1 m)
The case materials and the band types would be based on your selection
- Apple Watch Ultra (Cellular), Apple Watch Series 8 (GPS + Cellular), and Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) can use a cellular connection for Emergency SOS. To use Emergency SOS on an Apple Watch without cellular, your iPhone needs to be nearby. If your iPhone isn’t nearby, your Apple Watch needs to be connected to a known Wi-Fi network and you must set up Wi-Fi Calling.
- Apple Watch SE has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch SE should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and can diminish over time. For additional information see support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000.
- The international emergency calling feature requires an Apple Watch Ultra (Cellular), Apple Watch Series 8 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular), or Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) model. For a list of supported countries and regions, see apple.com/watchos/feature-availability.
- Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. Connection may vary based on network availability. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility. See support.apple.com/en-us/HT207578 for additional setup instructions.
- International roaming coverage is determined by your carrier. Please check with your carrier for details. For a list of supported carriers, see apple.com/watch/cellular.
- All-day battery life is based on the following use: 90 time checks, 90 notifications, 45 minutes of app use, and a 60-minute workout with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth, over the course of 18 hours; Apple Watch SE (2nd generation) (GPS) usage includes connection to iPhone via Bluetooth during the entire 18-hour test; Apple Watch SE (2nd generation) (GPS + Cellular) usage includes a total of 4 hours of LTE connection and 14 hours of connection to iPhone via Bluetooth over the course of 18 hours. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2022 using preproduction Apple Watch SE (2nd generation) (GPS) and Apple Watch SE (2nd generation) (GPS + Cellular), each paired with an iPhone; all devices tested with prerelease software. Battery life varies by use, configuration, cellular network, signal strength, and many other factors; actual results will vary.
- Results based on the performance of common user tasks. Testing conducted by Apple in August 2021 using preproduction Apple Watch Series 7, and shipping Apple Watch SE, each paired with an iPhone; all devices tested with prerelease software. Results reflect the approximate performance of Apple Watch.
- Data accurate as of product launch.
- Meets California Energy Commission’s Energy Efficiency Standards for Small Battery Charger Systems as outlined in the California Code of Regulations.
- 100% of virgin wood fiber comes from responsibly managed forests and 90% or more of the packaging is fiber-based.
- Apple defines its restrictions on harmful substances, including definitions for what Apple considers to be “free of,” in the Apple Regulated Substances Specification. Every Apple product is free of PVC and phthalates with the exception of AC power cords in India, Thailand (for 2-prong AC power cords), and South Korea where we continue to seek government approval for our PVC and phthalates replacement.